People choose other drugs and natural health than traditional methods of health conditions for a number of reasons. Maybe you are in a place in your life where you are experiencing minor health problems and are trying other methods of traditional health practices that often do not. Or, maybe you feel healthy and want to maintain this health by improving the current diet and lifestyle with natural hygiene.
Types of Alternative Medicine
There are different types of alternative medicine, each offering its own ideology and discipline, you must decide which form of other drugs is best able to help you cure any specific health problems you have. The following are types of alternative medicine
- Herbal. Herbal medicine uses certain properties of herbs and other plants in the form of dietary supplements as a way to promote health and to cure certain health problems. Plant parts used can be leaves, flowers, stems, or a combination of all. Examples of some common herbal remedies are green tea may have anti-cancer effects, Valerian root used to treat insomnia, peppermint tea for digestion issues, and Echinacea extract to limit the duration of colds.
- Chinese herbal medicine. Also known as “herbology,” Chinese herbal medicine involves combining herbs to heal the body. The focus is on preventing disease before it has a chance to manifest itself, as well as to treat existing health problems. The key to the success of Chinese herbal medicine is the treatment of each patient as an individual with herbs mixed specifically for each patient.
- acupuncture. Acupuncture is a technique of inserting and manipulating needles into acupuncture points on the body to stimulate nerve impulses and restore health and wellness. It is believed that life energy, or “Qi” travel along the body in what is known as “meridians”. When this energy flow is broken and damaged, your body is weak and results in health.
- Acupressure. Acupressure involves placing physical load by hand or elbow to acupuncture points on the body surface. Shiatsu is a form of acupressure that contributes to the prevention and recovery of diseases by stimulating the immune system and natural healing power of people already have.
- Massage. objective of massage is to apply pressure, tension and movement to the soft tissues of the body to assist in the injury healing, relieve psychological stress, manage pain and improve circulation.
- Reflexology. Also known as “Zone therapy,” Reflexology is the practice of stimulating nerves on the feet, hands and ears to encourage positive impact on other parts of the body, or to improve your general well-being. It stimulates blood flow to specific parts of the body and relieve the tension in your body and mind.
- Homeopathy. Homeopathy is the principle of “treating like with like.” Homeopathic remedies are substances derived from plants and minerals that are diluted in a precise manner to cause toxic behavior and cure the symptoms.
- Yoga. Yoga uses a special party “position” to reduce stress, slow breathing and heart rate, lower blood pressure and promote relaxation is essential for a healthy mind and body.
- Aromatherapy. Aromatherapy uses extracts of plants, known as essential oils and other aromatic compounds to relax and balance the body. Examples of aromatherapy are eucalyptus oil and mint is used to alleviate airway of a cold or flu.
- Ayurveda. Ayurveda operates on commands to various chemicals in the vegetable, animal and mineral have some medicinal value for curing illness and / or to maintain good health. Ayurveda originated in India and is based on the philosophy of the disease occurs when you are not living harmoniously within your environment.
- Meditation. Meditation is a relaxation technique used to minimize and reduce the symptoms of illness including headaches, back pain and high blood pressure.
These are examples of alternative medicine. There are many variations, it is important to investigate other drug as it relates to health issues and lifestyle.